The 25th Atlanta Black Pride Celebration
Atlanta, GA – August 30 – September 6, 2021
Official Atlanta Black Pride Park Festival Food Vending Guideline
Atlanta Black Pride, RealBois Talk, and In The Life Atlanta (ITLA), the official sponsors and organizers of Atlanta Black Pride (ABP), invite you to vend for the 25th Atlanta Black Pride Celebration, which will be held on August 30 – September 6, 2021, in Atlanta, GA.
This year’s Atlanta Black Pride Park Festival is a two-day celebration designed to bring our diverse LGBTQ+ and allied communities together for a weekend of camaraderie and celebration of our past, present, and future. The Festival raises funds for the Atlanta Black Pride Community Programs and educating the public about the existence and continuing civil rights battle facing our community. The Atlanta Black Pride Festival attracts over 40,000 attendees during the two-day celebration. It offers unique opportunities for marketing and exposure for businesses and organizations interested in creating relationships within the LGBTQ+ community.
The Park Festival will be held at Central Park, located at 400 Merritts Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.
VENDING SPACE AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Vendor spaces available are:
- 10X10 Tent
- 10X20 Tent
- Food Truck or Trailer
- Push Cart
No structure may exceed this dimension without prior approval.
- Upon approval, vendors will be notified when payment is due.
- If Atlanta Black Pride does not receive payment in full within 15 days of the date given, the invitation to be a vendor for this event will be rescinded.
- All supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of payment.
- Vendor space contracts will be finalized no later than August 1, Applications received after this date will be honored on an availability basis only. In the event we are unable to keep your application, payment will be refunded.
- Prospective vendors must make payments via Atlanta Black Pride Vendor Portal: https://atlantablackpride.org. Non- refundable processing fees have been included in the event fee. A $ 75 charge will be added for any returned checks.
- Email all inquiries to: email@example.com.
- Atlanta Black Pride Park Festival is a RAIN OR SHINE event.
- Parking: There is limited parking available during the event. Each food vendor will receive one parking pass for the event. There is no RV Parking allowed or overnight camping allowed.
- Greenware Policy: All food vendors and restaurants participating in the Atlanta Black Pride Festival are not permitted to serve prepared food on polystyrene foam (such as Styrofoam) disposable food service ware. Several alternatives to polystyrene foam include uncoated and coated paper, cardboard, other plastics, aluminum foil, recycled paper napkins, and bio-plastics.
- Grease Containment: All food vendors are expected to provide a ground cover inside their booth to absorb grease. No food vendor will be allowed to open for business (or stay in business during the event day) if this ground cover is not in place. Grease absorbent mats are best.
- Grease and Grey Water Containment: Grease and greywater receptacles are provided for your convenience. Grease or gray water should not be poured onto the ground or down any drains. Anyone found doing this will be asked to leave the event, and your deposit will be fortified. Vendors are responsible for all environmental cleanup costs and subject to any prosecution brought by the City of Atlanta Parks Department.
- Trash: Food vendors are expected to provide trash receptacles and plastic bags. Atlanta Black Pride will collect trash from vendors during the event day.
- Water: Water will be available at a designated water station. Please bring appropriate hoses, hose connections, and transport buckets. Due to current water restrictions, water may not be available. Please check ten days before the event for the current status.
- Propane Usage: The use of propane by food vendors is at the food vendor’s entire risk and responsibility. Compliance with all state and local laws, ordinances, and fire code provisions is the sole responsibility of the food vendor. The use of propane shall be subject to inspection by the City of Atlanta Fire Department, Atlanta Black Pride, and any other lawful regulatory agency having a legal interest in the safe utilization, storage, and disposal of such materials. Failure to comply with any law, ordinance, fire code provision, or any instruction by the City or State Fire Marshal and or the Atlanta Black Pride concerning propane use shall result in the Food Vendor’s immediate termination contract with Atlanta Black Pride without refund. Food Vendor hereby waives any damage claims due to such cancellation for failure to comply with the instructions contained herein.
- Signs, Banners, and Cart: Materials shall be made of a flame retardant material, and proof of such fire retardant rating shall be made available to the City and or State Fire Marshal upon request. Failure to have such fire retardant rating information available could result in the immediate closure of the food vendor’s operation until such information is provided. Any losses or damage by food vendors are hereby waived against the Atlanta Black Pride. The vendor is responsible for having such information is readily available for inspection by the Fire Marshal.
- Ice: Ice is available for cash and carries on site. Price to be determined.
- Drinks: The only drinks food vendors are permitted to sell are: lemonade, ice tea, and non-alcoholic smoothies. Soda and water are not allowed to be sold by food vendors. Any food vendor found selling soda or water may be asked to vacate the Festival, and there will be no refunds issued.
- Insurance: All food vendors must provide Atlanta Black Pride proof of insurance for $1,000,000 liability coverage (and needs to cover days of the event). You are required to list The City of Atlanta and Atlanta Black Pride, Real Bois Talk, and In The Life Atlanta as additionally insured under this policy coverage.
- Acceptance: Notification of acceptance will be sent out by August 1, 2021. If accepted as a Food Vendor, you will be sent a contract and requirements for the Fulton County Health Dept. These are date-sensitive and will need to be completed within five (5) business days! All payments and required documents must be returned and received by Atlanta Black Pride to be considered complete. Failure to provide any payment, deposit, required document, or the performance of any necessary activity or inspection shall result in the termination of any offer to participate in the event, and the food vendor shall forfeit any amounts paid.
- Refunds: No refunds will be issued for any cancellation, whether caused by a food vendor or by the Atlanta Black Pride, Real Bois Talk, and In The Life Atlanta.
- Site Management: Atlanta Black Pride performs on-site food and beverage management for all food vendors and beverage sales during the Festival.
- Disclaimer: Atlanta Black Pride, Real Bois Talk, and In The Life Atlanta is obligated to protect the infrastructure and well being of the park grounds; thus, any event, including simple rain, that in the opinion of Atlanta Black Pride, increases the risk to the safety of patrons and or the environmental integrity and well being of the venue shall cause the temporary and or permanent cancellation of the event and no refunds or pro-rated refunds shall be made whatsoever.
FULTON COUNTY BOARD of HEALTH RULES
- Each food vendor must provide signage with the name of the booth for identification.
- Each food vendor must have an approved handwashing station, a container with a free-flowing water faucet.
- Each food vendor must have a stem thermometer for taking hot and cold food temperatures.
- Each food vendor booth must have screened on all four sides as long as this does not conflict with codes the fire marshal has to enforce. If there is, then the organizer of the event will need to help in creating a solution.
- No rolled-up screening.
- Screening must be securely attached at the top and not attached with shower curtain design.
- Must be secured at all four corners.
- Must be attached to withstand normal weather conditions.
- Screening for doors must overlap side screening.
- Window openings must be no greater than 24 inches by 24 inches.
- Screening must be at least 16 mesh to the inch.
Food Vending Options
All Trucks, Trailers and Tents are required to have an updated Fire Extinguisher. PAYMENT: This is a flat fee paid in full in advance of the festival. You will be notified of when payment is due upon approval.
10 X 10
10 X 20
|Electrical Drops||per location||